Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a person apply for more than one Faculty position?
Yes. Separate forms will have to be filled for each faculty positions.
2. Which are the mandatory fields in the application?
Mandatory fields are indicated by a red star (*) adjacent to the name of the field.
3. Is it possible to change/update the information provided by the applicant in the
online application form once submitted?
4. How can Persons with Disabilities (PwD) access and fill the online application
Such applicants may fill the online application form by using assistive technology. In particular, the visually impaired applicants may use screen reading softwares such as JAWS or NVDA to fill the application form. Those unable to use computer may take human assistance to fill the application form.
In addition, application form facilitation centres have been opened for PwD applicants
at North Campus and South Campus of the University, the details are as under:
At North Campus:
Delhi University Computer Centre,
Contact No. 27662021
At South Campus:
University of Delhi South Campus
Benito Juarez Road
Contact No. 24116938
PwD applicants can also contact the office of Nodal Officer (PwD) of the University.
The contact details are as under:
Phone Nos. 011-27001184, +919871495050, +919811426337 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What should be done if the University website link stops or hangs?
Such a problem might come as a large number of applicants may simultaneously login.
However, the information is auto-saved, and you may proceed with filling up of the
online application after refreshing the link/re-logging. Kindly retry in case of any
difficulty write a mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Which date should be considered as the date of award of Degree
The date of notification of the result by the University/Institution may be considered as
the date of award Degree (M.Phil./LL.M./Ph.D).
7. What is the Ph.D. residency period?
This will be taken as 2 years from the date of registration, for the purpose of the
present process of recruitment. (Advt. No. EstabIV/258/2017)
8. How is the full-time teaching-cum-research experience counted?
For applicants with overlapping teaching-cum-research experience, either teaching or
research period shall be considered as experience.
9. The online and print ISSN numbers are different for a particular journal. Which
one should be filled?
For online journals and the articles published online in advance, before the print
version is made available by the publisher, the online ISSN number is sufficient.
10. Is it necessary to provide the evidence for each and every item/activity claimed in
It is mandatory to provide the proof, wherever it has been asked, to proceed with the
online completion of application form. The evidence for activities such as extracurricular
activities/miscellaneous information may be presented at the time of
interview by the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
11. How to pay application fee?
The payment is accepted by credit card/debit card/ Net Banking.
12. Should one expect an acknowledgement of submission of application?
Yes. After the submission of application, the applicant will receive an e-mail
intimation. Receipt of acknowledgement implies completion of the application
13. When would the interview be scheduled?
You will be informed about your interview through email if you are shortlisted. No
queries in this regard would be entertained.
14. Can an applicant claim points for both empanelment by Prasar Bharti and ICCR,
with respect to the posts advertised for Music department?
Points can be scored only for one of these.
15. What should an applicant for the Music department fill in the column for
ISSN/ISBN No., in the case of Cassettes/CD/DVD/Empanelment?
Applicants may write the respective S. No. of the Recording Company as indicated in
the list provided along with the Screening Guidelines for the department.
Applicants may write ‘Not Applicable’ in this column while providing the details of
Empanelment at the respective column.